Strike a balance between smokey ribs and fall of the bone tender meat using my Texas Two Step method
Servings: 6 Half-Rack Servings
- 3 Racks Pork Ribs
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herb Mix Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, etc.
Rinse and pat dry the ribs. If desired, remove the membrane from the back (or have your butcher do this)
Combine the dry ingredients in a food processor and mix well
Apply a liberal layer of rib rub to the top side of each rack.
Optional: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before cooking.
Wrap each rack individually in 2 layers of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil and close securely.
Cook on a sheet pan at 300 degrees for 2 hours
Using a smoker, or a gas grill with a smoker box, smoke the ribs at 250 degrees for 1 hour
Optional: Cook on high heat for the final 15 minutes, 450-500 degrees