When tossing vegetables in garlic and oil, I always chop the garlic first and put it in the bowl with oil. This lets the garlic work its way into the oil while you continue to get everything else chopped up
Place the chopped broccoli florets and sliced red onions in the bowl and toss them with the garlic oil. Give them some seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside until you’re ready to grill.
This is one of the simplest vegetable side dishes you can make and it gets double taste value from grilling the broccoli and the onions. Broccoli and onions are both the kinds of vegetables where magic happens when they are grilled.
To amp it up just a little bit more, add in a medium red bell pepper to the mix along with a couple of shakes of crushed red peppers (the spicy ones).
- 1.5 Pounds Fresh Broccoli Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Crushed Garlic
- 1 Medium Red Onion Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Add Crushed Garlic and Olive Oil to a large mixing bowl, whisk lightly and let rest while you wash, chop and slice the rest of the ingredients
- Add the Broccoli and Red Onion, toss well with the garlic oil. Salt and Pepper as needed
- Preheat a grill to about 400 degrees and cook on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Check in on it about every 5-7 minutes and shift around to avoid excessive burning. Burners should be on a medium setting